Thursday 1 May 2014

Value

To start with, I'll apologise for being terrible at this lately! I've had a fair bit of work to do and obviously had to get my priorities sorted before blogging! This is a shorter blog but I hope to have another one up by sunday!

This time, I want to talk about value. What do we value the most? Is it materialistic things? People? Ourselves? I ask this because lately I've struggled to remember what really matters most. After a lot of thinking, I've come to this conclusion. As much I want to say that my own happiness and my own well being is my priority, I can't say that. Because I don't care about what happens to me so much. As for gadgets and clothes and money, I could live without them even though to have them is great. What I value most of all is the people around me. I wouldn't be the person I am today without the influence of every person in my life right now. My boyfriend, my best friends, my parents, my sister, all the people I consider to be as close as family. They are the thing I value most in this world.

A lot of people say that I should focus on myself and that nobody else's needs should come before that. To that I say, you're wrong. To help other people and to make sure that those people are happy is what drives me to not give up with everything I have achieved. They are what makes me happy. My needs are secondary to this. If someone is feeling down, I'm there. I don't need anyone to be there in return, that isn't why I do it. I do it because I want to. Maybe I should care more about myself, but I don't. Think of that what you will but  know this, if you need me, I'm a message a phone call or in some cases, a door away. I'd be there for you like a shot.

Short blog I know but for anyone that reads this, I wanted to pose the question to you. What do you value most in life? 

No comments: